Ohio EPA has proposed rule changes in Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) Chapter 3745-42. Chapter 3745-42 covers the requirements for wastewater permits to install (PTIs).The rules are being amended as part of the five-year rule review requirements in Ohio Revised Code section 106.
The Agency has reviewed these rules and has identified necessary changes. New exemptions are being considered, with qualifiers, for:
- building sewers, sanitary sewer replacement projects, in situ sanitary sewer repairs,
- repair or replacement of a treatment works component, media or equipment, modifications within existing treatment works infrastructure,
- disposal systems designed to be a best management practice under a storm water National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit,
- treatment works pilot study,
- installation of on line monitoring or process control equipment,
- installation of odor control equipment,
- remodel or replacement of buildings or laboratories located at a treatment works, and
- filtration systems, ion exchange systems and oil skimmers on process tanks that serve manufacturing equipment.
Click here to review examples of Caltha projects related to permitting. Click here for examples of project Caltha has conducted for clients located in Ohio.