Businesses, nonprofit organizations, and units of government that generate most types of hazardous waste at sites in Minnesota are required to report that waste annually to the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) or their metropolitan county, pay a fee, and obtain a license for the subsequent year.

Hazardous waste generators in the metropolitan counties of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Scott, Ramsey and Washington are licensed by their counties instead of the MPCA. Hazardous waste generators located in Washington County must apply for an EPA ID number through the MPCA, and apply for a hazardous waste generator licence through the Washington County Department of Public Health and Environment.

In addition to State and Federal regulations, generators in Washington County must follow Washington County Hazardous Waste Management Ordinance #195.

Caltha LLP assists hazardous waste generators in Washington County in applying for hazardous waste generator licence, developing hazardous waste management programs, providing employee hazardous waste training and waste reduction / waste minimization consulting.

%d bloggers like this: