Businesses, nonprofit organizations, and units of government that generate most types of hazardous waste at sites in Minnesota are required to report that waste annually to the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) or their metropolitan county, pay a fee, and obtain a license for the subsequent year.

Waste generators in most of Minnesota apply for their licence through an on-line application form available through the MPCA. However, hazardous waste generators in the metropolitan counties of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Scott, Ramsey and Washington are licensed by their counties instead of the MPCA. Hazardous waste generators located in these counties must apply for an EPA ID number through the MPCA, and then apply for a hazardous waste generator licence through the county.

In addition to State and Federal regulations, generators must follow county hazardous waste regulations. In some cases, additional local waste rules may be applicable, such as within the City of Minneapolis.

Caltha LLP assists hazardous waste generators in Minnesota in applying for hazardous waste generator licence, developing hazardous waste management programs, providing employee hazardous waste training and waste reduction / waste minimization consulting.

%d bloggers like this: