The OSHA Hazard Communication requirements are generally considered one of the most difficult requirements to comply with. Material labeling and maintenance of the Material Safety Data Sheet (now referred to as Safety Data Sheet) control system are challenging for many facilities. OSHA also has stringent training requirement to assure that employees are aware of hazards in the work place. Caltha will prepare your written HazCom program, prepare training materials and write or update your MSDS.
Caltha also provides specialized technical support to manufacturers, importers and distributors of chemicals as they are required to update the format of their hazard labeling and Material Safety Data Sheets (now referred to a Safety Data Sheets, or SDS) to meet new OSHA standards that align with the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for the classification & labelling of hazardous materials.
Typical services Caltha provides to Minnesota manufacturers includes:
- Preparation of Safety Data Sheets to meet HazCom 2012
- Identification of international rules on chemical content of products
- Product stewardship support
- TSCA compliance support
- REACH and ROHS compliance support
- Product life cycle analysis
- Green product support
Typical services Caltha provides to Minnesota employers subject to hazard communication standard includes:
- Staff training
- Creation of SDS management systems
- Minnesota OSHA AWAIR compliance