Caltha LLP provides expert environmental diligence services and environmental site assessment services across Wisconsin. Clients and their legal team use Caltha to provide fast and reliable environmental due diligence assessments, including any combination of Phase I ESA, corporate liability evaluation, off-site liability assessment, site investigations and regulatory compliance audits. We help the due diligence team to determine what tasks are appropriate for the transaction. We also help interpret the results to determine if issues need to be addressed before closure, or can be handled through purchase agreements, environmental escrow accounts or other means.
Companies going through mergers, acquisitions and divestitures rely on Caltha to provide high quality technical support to address environmental liabilities. Caltha will also assess facility closure requirements and develop a Facility Closure Plan for tasks needing to be completed to close out operations, including terminating permits, closing waste storage areas, removal of tanks, etc.
Typical environmental due diligence tasks Caltha provides in Wisconsin include:
- Pre-acquisition environmental walk-through
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Phase II Site Investigations
- Regulatory compliance audit
- Permitted equipment review
- Waste Handler, waste hauler, waste disposal facility audits
- Permit termination, permit transfer support
- Facility closure
- WDNR no association letters, no further action letters